Publication Ethics Statement
Journal of Natural Hazard and Environment (JNHE) applies certain ethical standards for all publications in it to ensure high-quality scientific publications and public trust in the findings of scientific research. JNHE accepts the rules and standards put out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and we fully follow to its Code of Conduct and to its Best Practice Guidelines.
The editors of JNHE impose a demanding peer-review process together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure improving high quality scientific works in the related study area of scholarly publication. Against some unethical issues including cases of plagiarism, data falsification, image manipulation and inappropriate authorship credit, the editors of JNHE take such problems very seriously and are dedicated to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy.
JNHE is committed to objective and fair blind peer reviews of submitted papers and the prevention of any actual or potential conflicts of interest between writers and reviewers.
Submitting authors must confirm the following:
1. Manuscripts must be the original work of the submitting author.
2. Submitted manuscripts must be unpublished and it should not contain any information that has already been published.
3. Any facts that might be perceived as a possible conflict of interest of the author(s) must be disclosed in the paper prior to submission.
4. Authors should cite all data sources used in the preparation of the manuscript.
5. Authors should accurately present their research findings and include an objective discussion of the significance of their findings.
6. Data and methods used in the research need to be presented in sufficient detail in the paper, so that other researchers can replicate the work.
7. Authors need to at least have the raw data readily available for presentation to the referees and the editors of the journal, if requested.
8. Republishing content that is not novel is not tolerated (for example, an English translation of a paper that is already published in another language will not be accepted).
9. If errors and inaccuracies are found by the authors after publication of their paper, they need to be promptly communicated to the editors of this journal so that appropriate actions can be taken.
10. Plagiarism, data fabrication and image manipulation are not tolerated.
Please note: It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
Reviewers must confirm the following:
1. Manuscripts are reviewed fairly based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenship or political view of the author(s).
2. Any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be sent to the editor.
3. Information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential.
that may be a cause for rejection of publication must be sent to the editor.
Editors must confirm the following:
1. Manuscripts are reviewed fairly based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenship or political view
of the author(s).
2. Information pertaining to manuscripts is kept confidential.
3. Any observed conflict of interest pertaining manuscripts must be disclosed.